Technological development has led to a massive breakthrough in the field of communication, through Video calling. Video calling makes it easier and faster to people in different locations, to communicate. It’s like as if they’re sitting next to each other. Nowadays, if any social media App lacks the feature of video chatting. Then that app is considered to be ranked lower than its competitors.
What are the pre-requirements for utilizing a Video Calling messenger?
-An Android/iOS phone with front facing camera
– A 3G/4G or Wi-Fi network.
Top 5 best video calling Apps of this year rated according to the key attributes :
-Ease of accessibility
-Unique, user-friendly interface and
– Support for group chats.
Messenger is currently the most-used messaging/video calling app on the planet, It links with the best social media site, Facebook.
As most people we know are on Facebook, Messenger makes their life easier. It offers not only excellent clarity of video calls but also is compatible with 2G and 3G networks. It works with good speed and clarity.
The only flaw in Messenger is the fact that it does NOT support group video chats. Making it take a bit of a lower hand, in comparison with other similar apps that do.
Facebook Messenger is available on iOS, Android, and also via any web browser logged into your Facebook account. No matter where you are, or which device you are using. You can always call your family or friends using Messenger. Messenger also lets you keep track of chats with others. It also maintains your video chat as a small floating window within Messenger.
Facebook Messenger Features:
- Easy accessibility, due to Facebook.
- Even low- speed networks manage with decent video quality
- Easy to understand, and intelligent User Interface
- It does not support group chats.
IMO is an application, which is not that popular amongst the Americans, but is very popular in middle-eastern countries, as it’s the only App that can work with any network and is very convenient when it comes to remote communication. Aside from text chatting and video calling, this app doesn’t have any bloat holding you back from a pure experience.
IMO Messenger Features:
- It designs the latest programming technologies. It helps you make video calls in real time from any part of the world.
- IMO doesn’t charge you anything to let you talk to your friends and family and see them talking to you.
Although many messengers have expanded their realm to bring in the concept of video calling. Everyone still has a dilemma about which one to choose. We sincerely hope the above rankings will help you decide better and wisely.
Google Duo is an upcoming video call application started by Google, Mountain View. It benefits its users with a good video chatting experience. It also has a unique feature known as the Knock-Knock feature. It is the first one of its kind.
This feature tells the receiver what sort of environment the caller is in. Before the caller attends the call.You can only do this with people who are already in your contacts. If you decide that this isn’t something you like, you can disable it in settings.
Google Duo Messenger Features:
- Intelligently links your account to your phone number. Reduces the trouble of having to create a separate username or password.
- Knock-Knock feature is a unique and helpful property.
- The user interface cannot get any simpler than that of Duo.
- Highly trusted developers (Google), hence gaining extreme popularity.
Skype was hands-down the best video calling app, where the big social media boom took place.
It’s certainly not the best video calling app regarding design at the moment. The fact that so many people know about it is a significant strength. The term ‘Skyping’ has become the standard term for any video conferencing/ chatting.
Skype for Android lets you make free voice and video Skype-to-Skype calls. It also lets you make call phones and landlines at great Skype rates on the move. Video calling is now available on all Android phones.
Skype Messenger Features:
- Free Skype-to-Skype calls and video calls over 4G or Wi-Fi.
- Cheap calls and SMS to landlines or mobiles at great Skype rates.
- Excellent Video quality, but works well only with a good, fast internet connection.
- Group chats are very efficient in Skype, which is yet another revolution in the communication field.
Line app is one of the most popular instant messenger apps. It has over 380 million users worldwide. It is available on all the main mobile OS platforms, including Android and iOS.
The app has now support video calls that allow you to communicate face to face with your friends and family. That video calls will be supported over both Wi-Fi, and 3G networks. Line users can also switch between video and voice anytime during the call.
The interesting feature of the Line is that you can add friends in various ways. Shake it together to add the friend or exchange your ID via QR code.
Line Messenger Features:
- Stickers are a major component of LINE. There are numerous amounts of hilarious images of any category. You can think of featuring famous characters from all over the world!
- Call quality is decent, but group chats are not available in Line Messenger.